Saturday, January 5, 2013

Top 10 Recipes from 2012!


Wow. The Last Day of 2012.
As I sit here reflecting, I am truly amazed at the journey this year has taken me on.
2012 was a year of sickness, and and a year of victory. I have Ulcerative Colitis. For 10 months in 2012, I was in a horrible Ulcerative Colitis flare. I had to move home from NYC for treatment.
photo
However, none of the medications worked. After trying several different approaches, I finally said “enough’s enough” and decided to take my health into my own hands. I began the Specific Carb Diet, and I was slowly able to stop flaring, and get my health back. I became healthy enough that I could return to NYC and go after my dream.
back in NYC and reclaiming my life!
back in NYC and reclaiming my life! (photo by: Sam Khan)
Along the way, I started this blog, and I can honestly say that I am so grateful. Through this crazy “blogosphere” medium, I have gotten to know some amazing people and have made some great friends. There were days where the only thing that was keeping me going was the love and support shown by you guys, (and my family, of course). So, thank YOU for making 2012 a wonderful year.
I’m really looking forward to 2013. I can just feel that it is going to rock! I’ve got a new excitement for cooking and for my acting career!
So as I reflect on the year, why not also reflect on my cooking? Here are the top 10 recipes that YOU GUYS chose! It’s based on the highest viewed posts:)
So without further ado….
#10) Mexican Lettuce Wraps (GF, V, BED)Image
#9) GF Banana Bread (GF, Dairy Free, Vegan Option: use 2 flax/chia eggs)
Image
Image
#7) Carrot Dessert Pudding! GF, V, BED, SCD
Image
#6) Carrot Cake Pancakes! GF, V, BED, SCD
Image
#5) Cauliflower Tortilla Tacos! GF, V, BED, SCD
Image
Image
#3) Almond Tortillas! Grain & Gluten Free!
Image
#2) Carrot Cake Bites! (GF, V, SCD, Raw)
Image
#1) Cauliflower Pizza! (GF, V, BED, SCD)
Image
Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! See you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!