Saturday, January 5, 2013

Monkey Muffies! GF, V, SCD!


Monkey Muffies? What the heck is that?!
Monkey Muffies!
Well, I don’t know about you, but back in my muffin-eating days (read: gluten-consuming days), if I ever ate a muffin (which was rare), I would only eat the top. It was my favorite – the softest, and most moist (say that 5x fast!) part of the muffin. I would always pawn the rest off on one of my brothers or my dad. :)
so healthy!!
So, a Monkey Muffie is the top of a Banana Muffin! I created that consistency by baking muffin batter on a cookie sheet — no pawning needed! :)
amazing texture!!
Moist, chewy and completely delicious!
And they’re Gluten Free, Sugar Free, and Specific Carb Diet friendly with a Vegan Option!
Here’s what you need: serves 2 (7 little cookies)
1 very ripe banana, sliced
1/2 cup almond flour
1 egg white (Vegan Option: 1 flax/chia egg)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 dropper-full of pure liquid stevia (SCD use 1 tsp honey)
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place your banana slices in a Pyrex (or microwave safe) measuring cup. Microwave the banana for 1 minute on high. (This literally “melts” the banana, allowing smooth and even distribution for your cookies!) Allow it to cool for about 6 minutes (so it doesn’t scramble the egg). Then, combine all the rest of your ingredients together in a bowl. (that easy!)
Scoop 1 Tbsp of the batter on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.I know that seems like a long time, but the banana makes the batter very wet. Makes 7 muffies.
yum x 3!
These little Monkey Muffies were heavenly! They were bite-sized, yet packed with goodness! They weren’t overly sweet — juuust right:) You could definitely taste the banana, but with the cinnamon and vanilla, it was the perfect delicate flavor with the nutty almond flour!
delicate banana and cinnamon flavor!
And they were so chewy and soft!! The outside was golden brown and slightly crisp, while the inside was just wonderfully pillowy and soft! And super moist from the banana too!
The texture was much like the top a muffin! I’d call them a hybrid of a cookie and muffin:) Delightful!
I may or may not have eaten all of these cute little muffies:)
“Hey! What about me!? I’m cute and little too!” – Roxy :)
Next time you need a sweet treat, give these a go – they’re wonderfully healthy and utterly delicious!
And for a quick NYC update, today was a busy day – unpacking, stocking the fridge with groceries, handy man stuff (assembling furniture that arrived while I was gone) and seeing friends!! And just a side not that I didn’t mention is that my dad is with me!! He’s dropping me off and making sure I’m all settled in the new apartment…how lucky of a gal am I?
union square greenmarket!
More Gotham adventures in store tomorrow!
love these streets
What’s your favorite type of muffin or cookie?
Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!