Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tropical Mango Snack Salad! GF, V, SCD!


I’ve got a secret. I’ve discovered a really tasty snack. Sweet, crunchy, cooling, and completely delicious!
beautiful colors:)
I don’t know about you, but when I have a snack, I like to eat good things. And I’m willing to put in a little bit of effort, knowing that the outcome is super scrumptious:)
what a plate!
Also, when you’re on a special diet like the Specific Carb Diet, or the Body Ecology Diet, prepackaged or convenient foods are “no-nos.” So you gotta make it yourself:)
buttery avocado!
So here’s one of my favorite snacks: Tropical Mango Snack Salad!
yum yum yum!
It’s Gluten Free, Vegan, and Specific Carb Diet friendly with a BED option!
Here’s what you need:
1 mango, diced (BED sub red pepper)
1/4 cucumber, sliced thin on a mandolin
1/2 radish, sliced thin on a mandolin
2 Tbsp red onion, sliced thin
1/4 avocado, diced
cilantro, chopped
Dressing:
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp EVOO
pinch of salt
Carefully prep all your veggies. After you slice your red onion, soak it in ice water for 10 minutes – this gets rid of the bitter onion-y bite. Combine your veggies in a bowl and toss with your dressing. Garnish with cilantro and wedges of lime.
That’s it! So simple!
serve with a wedge of lime:)
And so delicious! This is the perfect snack or side dish! The flavors and textures make it so wonderful! The mango is sweet and juicy, which is highlighted wonderfully by the bright lime juice and fresh cilantro!
Gluten Free, Vegan, Specific Carb Diet friendly!
And the textures! The cucumber and radishes are crunchy, the avocado is buttery and creamy, while the mango is juicy and wonderful!
so delicious!
A delight for palate and for the eyes!
Tropical Mango Salad!
What’s your favorite snack? Are you a sweet or a salty? :)
Until tomorrow!
I love my mandoline! It allows me to achieve a paper thin texture! Here's the one I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!