Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SPA DAY!!

What a day! What a glorious and relaxing day!

Yep...we went to the Spa! My mom, sister-in-law and I got the royal treatment today while my dad and bro were skiing. I got a massage and they got facials.

Let me just say this: you deserve a spa day. You owe it to yourself to be pampered for a day. It is a special treat, one that transforms your body, mind, and soul.

And to experience this with people you love makes it all the more special.



I wish that I could make a case with my dad that massages should be a "regular" thing, as it relaxes me, and reduces stress, which is vital for Ulcerative Colitis remission management....but a once a year treat will have to suffice:) And I am super grateful for that generosity!

So I took some pictures for you:) Of course inconspicuously, when no one was around, as to not disrupt the "zen" of the spa! Haha



They had a beautiful workout room, as well as a gorgeous pool area with a lap pool, hot tub, and cold plunge. A sauna and steam room, and a beautiful balcony that wrapped around the spa that overlooked the ski slopes. It was breath taking.



And then they had a relaxation room, with teas and different waters, dried and fresh fruit, and granola. I felt so luxurious, sipping organic peppermint tea while in a fluffy white robe.

What a day, what a day.

Tomorrow's up in the air. I'm debating between another ski day or a day seeing films. There's supposed to be a snow storm tonight, so that may tip the balance towards skiing...I love fresh powder!



We have fabulous dinner plans tomorrow. I'll fill you in tomorrow...but here's a teaser...snow lodge, and a roaring fireplace:)

Hope you're having a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Caralyn,
    So glad to hear you had such a relaxing day today - spa days are the BEST, and you certainly deserved it. What spa was this... was it at a resort?
    I think I would opt for the skiing tmo if I was you, especially if you get some fresh powder tonight :) Enjoy your day whatever you choose to do!
    Joyce Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful day! Sometimes, a good massage is all you need to remove your worries. A facial helps too. :)

    Gregoria Gorham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spa is always a wonderful thing to rejuvenate yourself providing a relaxing and refreshing mind. Getting into such an environment is itself a relief for us. I think this can be reincarnated in our home too. Installing a hot tub with a high quality spa cover gives the same impact in refreshing our mind right after a tiring day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Let me just say this: you deserve a spa day. You owe it to yourself to be pampered for a day. It is a special treat, one that transforms your body, mind, and soul.” - Right! When you feel relaxed while they're massaging you, your body is revitalized and feels reborn. It also helps in reducing body pains. Your body does deserve to be treated to a spa every once in a while.

    #LaFleurDaySpa.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!