Friday, January 4, 2013

Sweet & Tangy Almond Noodle Delight! GF, V, BED!


So today was the day of my procedure. Nothing serious, just to check to see where my Ulcerative Colitis is at.
glad that’s over…
As many of you know, I’ve been in this flare for over half a year. I’ve tried the drugs, which resulted in horrible and severe side effects. So I’ve been treating this flare through diet, natural supplements, and homeopathic medicines. It’s been a slow go, but is better than the alternatives: immune system suppressing drugs, or Remicade – a biologic.
those colors!! wow!
I’ve made significant progress, but not enough to kick this grueling disease back into remission. And I’ve been plateaued at this state for about 2 months now. My GI doc needed to get some more information as to what’s hindering my complete healing, and what other options there might be, besides the two “mega-drugs.”
gluten free, vegan, and Body Ecology Diet!
So anyways, after waking up drugged and groggy, my dad took a pic to document…so i thought I’d share it with my fellow Happy Tummies:) And no, I don’t remember taking this picture. Haha
what. a. plate.
So what’s a girl to make for dinner on a day like today? Something tasty. Something slightly sweet and sour. Something with noodles. And lots of crunchy vegetables.
so tasty!
Enter: Sweet & Tangy Almond Noodle Delight!
Quinoa Noodles and Crunchy Vegetables dripping with a tangy, and slightly sweet Almond Butter Dressing! It’s Gluten Free, Vegan, and Body Ecology Diet friendly!
so delicious!
Here’s what you need:
1 box of quinoa noodles
5 radishes, sliced thin on a mandolin, and sliced in half
3 large carrots, sliced thin
1 red pepper, diced
3 green onions, sliced
1 cucumber, de-seeded and sliced thin
fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup reserved pasta water
Sauce:
1/3 cup Almond Butter
3 tsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
4 Tbsp water
25-30 drops Pure Liquid Stevia (BED use alcohol free)
sweet & tangy!
It’s super simple! You can have this dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
an outrageous array of veggies!
Prep your veggies. After you slice your cucumbers, wrap them in paper towels and squeeze all the excess liquid out. Place all your veggies in a large bowl. Next, cook your quinoa spaghetti and make your sauce. Simply combine all your sauce ingredients in a bowl, and stir with a fork until it becomes a drizzly, almond sauce!
Toss your pasta, veggies, sauce, and about 3/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Garnish with chopped cilantro. YUM!!
so many crunchy veggies!!!
This meal was terrific. Just what I was craving. It was unlike any other pasta dish I’ve had before. There was a subtle nutty sweetness from the sauce that was so — just — delightful! The flavor was so subtle and delicate. Just wonderful.
want a bite?
And the textures were fabulous! The veggies were so crunchy, and went beautifully with the slurpy noodles. Mmm mmm mm! And the colors just danced on the plate!
yummy radishes and slurpy quinoa pasta!
What a comforting way to end a not-so-wonderful day!
smooth and luxurious sauce!
What’s your ideal comfort food? Is it warm and wonderful Italian? A bowl of soup? Something chocolate? :)
Until tomorrow!
I made my homemade nut butter in my food processor! Another use to my favorite appliance! Here's the one I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!