Saturday, January 5, 2013

GustOrganics!


Things in NYC are going really well! It’s a little hot and sticky, but I’m embracing it:)
hello from NY!
So as I mentioned before, my dad flew out with me to drop me off. Today is his last day, and we’ve been going non-stop since he got here. When we arrived, we found HUGE water-damage in the bathroom. The shower or something is leaking above me, and so nearly the entire ceiling is sagging and dripping water! So that’s number one on our priority list!
so delish!
So anyways, tonight for dinner, my dad and I had a special treat. We went to GustOrganics! This is a cool-vibe West Village restaurant that is ALL organic! AND over half of the menu is Gluten Free and Vegan!
side of grilled veggies
We decided to go here because I figured I’d be able to get something SCD friendly, and I was right! It took a little creativity but I ended up with a delicious meal!
the original salad!
I got the Organic Protein Salad – ironically without protein – with a side of grilled vegetables! I mixed it all together with some avocado and a lemon-olive oil vinaigrette and had a tasty meal.
fully assembled and ready to go!
One of the coolest things about this restaurant – besides the organic amazingness – is the atmosphere. On beautiful evenings, such as tonight, the entire front of the restaurant is open, and has sidewalk seating! It was so lovely with the nice breeze and the hustle and bustle of NY. My dad and I stayed for a long time after our meal and just “people watched.” It was so fun.
great street view!
Such a nice “send off” meal:) Kitchen duties resume tomorrow with new original recipes!
gorgeous organic tomatoes
Also, I had a fun time last night grabbing a drink with some friends:) The reunion was sweet and we picked up right where we left off. #So thankful:)
mmm! avocado, zucchini, eggplant, peppers and onions!
Have you been to any particularly good restaurants lately?
Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!