Saturday, January 5, 2013

Butternut Squash Pudding! GF, V, BED, SCD!


Drumroll please….
Introducing the newest and most delicious addition to my culinary repertoire….
Butternut Squash Pudding!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUDDING!!!!
healthy never tasted so good!
This is seriously THE best thing I’ve made all summer, if not all year. Quite a statement, yes, but it is that. good.
just lovely!
It’s dessert. It’s decadent. It’s bliss-inducing. It’s vegetables!!
Gluten Free, Vegan, Specific Carb Diet Friendly!
This is the stuff of dreams – truly pumpkin pie filling meets pumpkin bread batter. Do I have your attention yet?
And it’s Gluten Free, Vegan, Sugar Free, Body Ecology Diet and Specific Carb Diet friendly.
so creamy and luxurious!
Here’s what you need:
1 small butternut squash: halved and roasted
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 dropper-fulls of alcohol free, pure liquid stevia (SCD use 1 tsp honey, or more to taste)
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
tiny pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Carefully cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Line a baking sheet with tin-foil and spray with olive oil. Spray or rub the cut-side of the halves with olive oil, and roast cut-side-down for 40 minutes.
Let them cool for several minutes, and then scoop out the flesh and combine it in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Process for 2 minutes, until creamy and smooth, scraping the sides twice. Enjoy warm, or chilled in the freezer for an hour.
YUM!
Oh. My. Gosh. This was sheer decadence. It was buttery smooth and down-right amazing! It seriously tastes like pumpkin pie! My parents tasted it and couldn’t believe that there wasn’t cream or butter in it!
what a treat!
The flavor is straight out of a Thanksgiving Yankee Candle – ok, that maybe doesn’t sound too appetizing, but the flavor brought me back to the Thanksgiving table, eating pumpkin pie with my family. The cinnamon, nutmeg and clove gave it such a warm spiciness, that just traveled through your senses and warmed your soul. Ok, maybe a little dramatic, but it was just SO remarkable.
garnished with cinnamon – just wonderful:)
Finally, the texture was just rich and luxuriously creamy. I particularly enjoyed it semi-frozen. It was almost like ice cream:)
This pudding is the cousin of my other favorite dish, my Carrot Dessert Pudding…which, if you haven’t tried, I also highly, highly recommend!
Until tomorrow!
Food Processor Alert!! Here's the one I use and love:

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I work for an organic produce delivery service. We would love to put this recipe in our stream. However, to get right down to it, these pictures look a lot like poop. Is there any way you could display this in a dish, not swirled like soft serve ice cream? I'm sure the pudding is as delicious as you've advertised it, but the pictures are taking something, not adding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Haha, you're absolutely right -- this dish was particularly difficult to photograph. However, it is one of my most delicious! I'll reshoot the recipe today. Yes, that could be ok. Please email me at caralyn4@gmail.com so we can work out the details about including my recipe in your stream. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hello. I work for an organic produce delivery service. We would love to put this recipe in our stream. However, to get right down to it, these pictures look a lot like poop. Is there any way you could display this in a dish, not swirled like soft serve ice cream? I'm sure the pudding is as delicious as you've advertised it, but the pictures are taking something, not adding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!