Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sweet Beet Treat! GF, V, SCD!


Riddle me this: What do you call brunch that lasts from 1 to 5:30pm?! Answer: A BLAST!!
That’s right – a 4 1/2 hour brunch. And did I mention that there were unlimited mimosas?
brunch in the city!
Brunch in NYC is in a league of its own. It’s almost like an extension of the club atmosphere. People get really dressed up, there’s loud party music – all around fun.
This was my first NYC brunch experience. Given my SCD diet, I was a little worrisome about finding something on the menu, but I was pleasantly surprised! I talked with the waitress, explained what was SCD-Legal, and had a great meal! Scrambled eggs with a side salad – perfect!
sweet beet treat!
So by the time I dropped my friend off at her apartment – it was 7:30!! And I had plans to meet up with another friend later that night! So I ate some dinner, took a quick catnap, and was out the door by 9:30! We went to a fun place on the Upper East Side. Even though it was raining, it was still super packed.
Let me just say that this is NOT a typical day. haha Being that it is my first weekend back, I’m trying to juggle seeing all my friends, which is resulting in being quite busy! But back to reality today. I’m going to be studying, working on getting some auditions going, and………
…..Sending my Blog to the Food Network!!!!!
I know, kinda crazy, but I figured, why not?! You never know unless you put yourself out there, right?
I’ll tell you something I’ve never really shared before – I’ve always wanted to have a cooking show. When I was little, I remember pretending that I had one by “cooking” with my parents toothpaste, dixie cups, and mouthwash. (don’t worry I didn’t eat it! haha) But their bathroom was all mirrors, and I would pretend I was cooking away:)
So anyway, enough with the life story — :) Onto a recipe I can’t WAIT to share with you!
look at that color!!
A Sweet Beet Treat!
I’m sorry, I can’t resist a good rhyme – or alliteration too:)
So this pudding is so decadent and delicious – and healthy too!!
Gluten Free, Vegan, and Specific Carb Diet Friendly!
Here’s what you need:
1 beet, cubed and steamed
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 dropper-fulls of alcohol-free pure liquid stevia (SCD use 1 tsp honey)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Scrub and dry your beet. Dice into small cubes. Steam for about 7 minutes, until tender. Combine with the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides several times.
mmmm!
Enjoy warm, or for a cool treat, freeze for 1 hour!
Oh. My. Gosh. This was outrageous! I am such a sucker for a good, healthy dessert and this one blew me out of the water! The texture was silky, and luxuriously rich and creamy! Eating it cold, it was almost like ice cream!
oh yum!
And the flavor was so delightful. The sweetness of the beets, combined with the buttery cashews and warm cinnamon made for a party in your mouth!
And for my BED-ers, no worries! Try either myCarrot Dessert Pudding
or my Butternut Squash Pudding! Both are equally delicious and BED-legal!
What do you like to eat for brunch? Sweet or Savory?
Until tomorrow!
Need a food processor? Here's the one I use, along with my steamer basket:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!