Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome! Cranberry Pistachio Cookies! GF, V, SCD!

YOU MADE IT!!!!!!!! :D

New Year! New Look!

It's still the same ol' me, just with a "facelift!" :) Yep, I decided to make the switch from Wordpress to Blogger. But no worries, Happy Tummies...all my recipes are still here, and when you type "glutenfreehappytummy.com" into your address bar, you'll automatically be redirected here!

Or if you'd like to be extra amazing, you can bookmark this site!! :D

The only "glitch" may be that if you're getting my posts via email, you won't be receiving them anymore:( My appologies.

So without further ado...WELCOME!! LET'S GET COOKING!

CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES!!!


photo
They're Gluten Free, Vegan, and Specific Carb Diet friendly, and RAW! 
photo
Oh my gosh these were amazing. I ate the entire batch myself!! And I'm not ashamed!! :D
photo
Here's what you need: (Makes ~6 cookies)
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pistachios
4 dates
1/8 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Garnish:
1/8 cup pistachios, rough chop
1/8 cup dried cranberries, rough chop
photo

You ready for the easiest directions ever?!? THROW EVERYTHING IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR AND BLITZ THEM UP!! That's it!! Let it run for about 1-2 minutes until a ball forms. Then, roll roughly a Tbsp of the dough into a ball, and then roll in the chopped pistachios and cranberries. Chill for at least an hour...or dig in right away if you can't resist!
photo
How amazing were these cookies...let me count thy ways! They were wonderfully chewy, with a nice crunch from the chopped pistachio coating. They were sweet and nutty with a slight tang from the cranberries! They were absolutely wonderful!
And so pretty too! The red and green made these so whimsical and fun! They looked like they were "bejeweled" or "bedazzled!" They'd be great for Christmas too!
photo
They were gone before I could give any away to my friends or doormen! Oops! Looks like I'll be making another batch this weekend!
photo
Did you guys watch the People's Choice Awards tonight? All I have to say is, "Way to Go Sandra Bullock!" She received the humanitarian award for her work with a New Orleans school. It was a really beautiful story:)
Be sure to check back tomorrow for another recipe!!
As you all know by now, I have an obsession with my food processor:) I use it literally everyday. It's one of my "kitchen essentials" as it can transform your cooking from ordinary to extraordinary! Here's the one I use and highly recommend, as well as my camera!

Until tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. How many does one batch make?

    I wish you still had an email feature for your blog. However, I congratulate you on your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. each batch makes 6 cookies! thank you so much...I know me too. However, you can subscribe and have this show up on your google/yahoo homepage, or have it in your google reader! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I will miss your recipes for I am one of the e-mail subscribers, I to wish you had an email feature for your blog. Also I hope that you will be doing a cookbook soon.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that feature didn't make the switch. You can subscribe and have my posts show up on your google/yahoo homepage, or have the posts be sent directly to your google reader!! And thanks! I think I'm going to do one soon! That's my next project. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday!

      Delete
    2. Did you know that you CAN have a subscribe feature on your blogger blog (I know because I have one on mine)? It's run by either FeedBlitz or FeedBurner. Super simple to add too! I'd love to subscribe in an email format (sooo much easier to read an email than to find the specific posts I'm interested in among the thousands of posts in my Google Reader), so I'll definitely be doing so if you add it to yours. ;)

      BTW, these cookie bites look and sound absolutely delicious!! Thanks so much for always sharing such wonderful culinary creations with us. ;)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! Yeah, I actually tried adding that Feed feature...however it wouldn't allow me to do it because it says my blog exceeds the file size limit. But I've decided that I'm going to manually add people to an email list and email out the posts to the people that would like to receive them. Thanks for stopping by and for the heads up!

      Delete
    4. Ahhh.... What a bummer! But of course we wouldn't want you to have to reduce your blog's content just to add the Feed feature. How very sweet (and time-consuming --ugh!) of you to put together the email list for your would-be subscribers. Can you please add me? bcmilliken@aol.com

      Many thanks and blessings to you!
      Christi

      Delete
    5. Thanks Christi! I will do! Have a great night:)

      Delete
  3. What made you do the switch? Glad to see you are still in business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! Hmm, there were several reasons, but mainly there were some features and opportunities that Wordpress didn't offer, and blogger did...there are pros and cons to each:) Have a great afternoon!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!