Saturday, January 5, 2013

Zucchini Bread Pancakes! GF, BED, SCD!


Apparently, I’m on a breakfast kick lately! Haha. Oh well, breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day :) Although, I ate these for dinner!
Zucchini Bread Pancakes!
This is just going to be a quick post because I’ve got a ton to do tonight, and it’s already 7pm! Eek!
mmm!
SO without further ado, I’d like to introduce you to the newest addition to my pancake collection:) Zucchini Bread Pancakes!
amazing cashew almond cream!
Chewy, and wonderfully sweet pancakes that are sneaky healthy! Just my style:)
what a plate!
I topped them with an AMAZING cashew-almond cream. So. Good!
so delish!
And they’re Gluten Free, Body Ecology Diet and Specific Carb Diet Friendly with a Vegan Option!
yummo!
Here’s what you need:
1/2 cup almond flour
1 zucchini, grated
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 “droppers-full” of pure liquid stevia (SCD use 2 tsp honey)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 egg whites (Vegan Option: 2 flax/chia eggs)
1/4 cup organic raisins (BED omit)
Cream Sauce:
1/8 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup water
2 droppers-full of pure liquid stevia (SCD use 1 tsp honey)
After you grate your zucchini, put it in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Combine all your pancake ingredients in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
Heat a large olive-oil-sprayed pan or skillet until it is screamin’ hot. Place 1/4 cup of the batter on the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. It will make 5 pancakes.
To make your cashew-almond cream, combine you ingredients in the food processor, and process for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides several times.
zucchini never tasted so good!
To serve, top your pancakes with a generousmound of the cashew cream!
wow oh wow!
These pancakes were marvelous! I loved how the cinnamon really came through! It was warm, and sweet, and with that outrageous cream sauce — can you say faaaaabulous?! :)
Even though they were made with zucchini, they weren’t “vegetable-y” at all! The raisins provided a wonderfully sweet “pop” of flavor. It was like a nice little surprise!
I think the cream sauce stole the show though. I could see dipping strawberries in it, or even freezing it and making an ice cream-like treat! mmm!
If zucchini’s not your thing, try either my Carrot Cake Pancakes
What’s your favorite type of pancake?
Until tomorrow!
PS: Sorry this was late – the Internet was down last night in my building! :)
Need a food processor or grater? Here are the ones I use and love:

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a cool recipe idea, but it doesn't follow the proper food combining principles of the BED. Eggs could be combined with vegetables, or almonds can be combined with vegetables, but eggs and almonds do not go together :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would try quinoa flour in place of almonds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!