Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baba Ganoush & Big News! GF, V, SCD!


Pssst!
Hey you….yes, you….come’ere, I’ve got a secret.
I’M GOING BACK TO NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!
I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am…allow me to try to show you.
At First, I was like…
And then I was like…
And THEN I was like…!!!!
Haha, ok so that was fun:) Really had to dig back to find juuuust the right pics:)
So anywho, I’m not 100% healed from my Ulcerative Colitis flare yet…I wouldn’t even say I’m 80% yet, but I am definitely a lot better since starting the Specific Carb Diet. And so, I’ve decided to return to NYC to finish healing and get my life rolling again!!!
It’s been a long healing journey – 11 months. I miss my friends terribly. It will be great to get back home and start living as best I can. I’m hoping my body will catch up and continue its healing process. So right after Labor Day, Gotham, watch out!!
So for dinner tonight, I made a big batch of Baba Ganoush for my parents and I. And it was delicious! Baba Ganoush is Hummus’ long forgotten cousin, and it definitely deserves some press :)
It’s smooth, warm and spicy, and wonderfully comforting.
And it’s Gluten Free, Vegan and Specific Carb Diet Friendly!
Here’s what you need:
1 eggplant, halved lengthwise and roasted
1 garlic clove, chopped
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp + 1 pinch of salt
4 cracks of pepper
various crudit̩s Рbaby carrots, grape tomatoes, broccoli, red pepper, etc
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with olive oil spray. Place you eggplant halves cut-side-down on the tray, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare your crudites. After your eggplant comes out of the oven, let it cool until you can handle it. Then, scoop out the flesh, and place in the food processor with the other ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve with the crudites and enjoy!
This dip was just delicious! It was creamy and smooth — perfect with the crunchy veggies!
And the flavor was outstanding! It was almost sultry with the warm and spicy cumin. It was just marvelous.
I loved how the roasted eggplant made such a rich and luxurious texture! Great for parties, or just to have in the fridge for midday snack attacks!
Until tomorrow!
Need a food processor? Here's the one I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!