Friday, January 18, 2013

Sundance @ Trip Eats!

Hey Hey Happy Tummies!

How was everyone's week!? Things here have been crazy busy. With auditions, aaand......*drumroll please*.....getting ready for my trip!!

Yep! I'm off to the Sundance Film Festival in Utah! No, I'm not in a film...I wish!! But I'm going to enjoy the films and ski!! It's hard to believe that exactly one year ago, I was in the midst of The Horrible UC Flare. It was month 3, and I was feeling desperate.


in The Horrible Flare

I'm proud to say that this year, I plan on shredding some serious powder now that I have reclaimed my health and my life! What a year it has been indeed!


 


So for the next week, I'll be reporting from Sundance. I'll report on the movies we see and the meals we eat! Let me know if you have any special requests for reporting:)

So when I'm traveling, I have to be smart. You see, I can't just swing by an airport restaurant to get some grub. Nope. Not on the Specific Carb Diet. Soooo, I always come prepared.

Here's what I bring:

carrot sticks
red bell pepper strips
raw cashews/almonds
Larabars (pecan pie and blueberry muffin are my favorites!!)
Zucchini chips (click for recipe)



amazing zucchini chips! light & crunchy!



That usually gets me through. If it's going to be a super long day, I bring some of my Carrot Dessert Pudding in a Tupperware. Can I just say that this pudding is out-of-this-world-outrageous! If there's one recipe that I would suggest to my readers to make, this would be it. Hands down. I literally eat it about 4 times a week, it is THAT good! When I eat this, the people around me always ask about it, because it smells like pumpkin bread, and I usually end up giving out 5-6 GFHT business cards!



delightful:)


And if you're on the Body Ecology Diet / are able to eat grains ... these Garlicky Buckwheat Chips,


Garlicky Buckwheat Crackers
great garlic kick!


and Sweet Cinnamon Millet Chips are fabulous for trips too!!


Sweet Cinnamon Millet Crackers
crispy and fabulous!


So yep! I've gotta go pack! Ski wear and movie wear!

Housekeeping: Remember to leave me a comment with your email or email me @ Caralyn4@gmail.com if you want to be on the GFHT Email List and receive my posts to your inbox!

Also, you can find me on Facebook: glutenfreehappytummy ; Twitter: @GFreeHappyTummy ; or Pinterest: GFreeHappyTummy!

Finally, to make my zucchini chips, I utilized my wonderful mandolin. This tool requires one to be careful (I may or may not have found out the hard way).....this one has a hand guard.  And then for my carrot dessert pudding...my food processor is the star! Here are the ones I use:

2 comments:

  1. Oh have so much fun my dear!! Looks like you are well prepared with delicious food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gabby! I definitely was! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!