Tuesday, January 1, 2013

GF Vegan Mexican Lettuce Wraps & Body Ecology Cookies!!

The recipe for these amazing GF, V & BED friendly Mexican Quinoa Lettuce Wraps is available in my new e-book cookbook, The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy, available HERE ---> The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy  - Only $2.99!





And now…ladies and gentlemen…allow me to introduce the “I-Dare-You-To-Hold-Me-Down Cookie!”

gluten, dairy, and sugar free!
This cookie is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Sugar Free, Egg Yolk Free, Almond Free, Peanut Free, Oil Free, Coconut Free, and Body Ecology Diet Approved! I know, that’s a mouthful — but those are the restrictions I’m dealing with right now because of mynew food allergies and the B.E.D. And let me tell you…these cookies are GOOD. Sweetened with Stevia, which is a zero-calorie HERB, these cookies are completely sugar free.
Here’s what you need…
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
big pinch of salt
1 egg white
1/4 cup macadamia/hazelnut butter (homemade)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol free)
1 Tbsp pure Stevia powder (NOT truvia or In the Raw…..I used NuNaturals)
1 “dropper full” pure Stevia extract
3 Tbsp water
First, I made my own homemade macadamia/hazelnut butter. I roasted them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, let them cool, and then whirled them up in the food processor. You have to scrape it down a couple times. I let it run for about 5 minutes — it was a lot more liquidy than I thought it would be. So delicious!
Preheat the oven to 350. I combined all my dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, I “creamed” the egg white and nut butter. Once creamed, I added the stevia powder and extract, and blended those together. Finally, I stirred in the quinoa flakes. Scoop heaping Tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked through.

SO moist and cakey!
These cookies were “outta bounds!” You’d think they’d be like rocks, or sandy…but NO! They were SUPER moist from the nut butter and wonderfully cakey! The cinnamon gave it a beautiful spicy note, and they were sweet, but not overly so! Truly phenomenal!
I thought my cookie days were over given my new dietary
prison situation. But no sir! These cookies are my new best friend:)
Have a great weekend!
To make my own nut butter, used in these cookies, I used my favorite kitchen tool, my food processor! I couldn't believe that I could actually make homemade nutbutter! But with this tool, it's a breeze! Here's the one I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!