Tuesday, January 1, 2013

GF, Vegan Garlic Cauliflower Mash w/ Grilled Halibut!


The Humble Superhero, cauliflower, strikes again!!!
Velvety Cauliflower Mash!
I’m telling you, Cauliflower is making a comeback! After falling in love with this gorgeous, white blossom in myRoasted Cauliflower Steaks, I decided to experiment with my new favorite vegetable.
so healthy and sooo tasty!
So tonight, I made Mashed Garlic Cauliflower! Like mashed potatoes, but better! I served it with roasted asparagus and grilled, spicy halibut!
roasted garlic -- seriously like candy!
Lets start with the Mash! Here’s what you need:
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1/2 red onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
green onions
s&p
Steam you cauliflower for about 6 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, and add them to your food processor. Meanwhile, saute your onions in 1 tsp EVOO with salt and pepper. Let it soften for about 6-7 minutes, and then add your garlic. Allow your garlic to cook for a minute or so, and then add your onions and garlic to the food processor, along with the parsley, and more salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Serve with chopped green onions. YUM!
what a meal!
Next, the Asparagus:
Preheat your oven to 350. Place your asparagus on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil. Spray with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crisp-tender.
GORGEOUS Halibut steak!
Finally, the Halibut. Oh my Gosh,Lobsta Bakes‘ wild, ocean-caught Halibut was out of this world! It was hearty and “steaky,” but SO moist, sweet, and tender. I grilled it with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder! The addition of the spices was AMAZING! It gave it a little zing! So enjoyable!
crispy and tender roasted asparagus!
This meal was terrific. Not only was it completely delicious, but the textures were phenomenal, and the plate was aesthetically beautiful! First, the Cauliflower Mash was SO yummy! It was garlicy, with a subtle sweetness from the caramelized onions! And its texture was like velvet! It was so creamy and smooth! Next, the asparagus was just so lemony and a bit smokey. They caramelized a bit during the roasting process, creating a crisp outside and tender inside. Perfect.
yum!
Finally, the plate itself was so beautiful. The Cauliflower Mash was a gorgeous, soft green from the parsley, which contrasted so wonderfully with the deep green asparagus. The Halibut had a delicate red hue from the paprika and chili powder.
such beautiful colors!
I hope everyone has a great week! Tomorrow’s May 1st!! YIKES!!
This meal utilized 2 of my favorite kitchen tools: my nonstick grill pan, and my FOOD PROCESSOR!! These two tools transformed my cooking. I highly suggest investing in them if you're serious about cooking! Here's the two I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!