Sunday, December 30, 2012

Melt to the Floor Sea Bass!


First off tonight, I’d like to thank everyone who’s been checking out my blog! I really appreciate it! It’s fun to cook and share healthy, happy, yummy recipes with you:)
For dinner tonight, my mom brought home a SUPER special treat fromLobsta Bakes: Sea Bass! If you haven’t had sea bass before…..that needs to change! haha! But it is an extremely buttery, moist, flakey, melt-in-your-mouth fish. Oh my Gosh….I took a bite and I literally almost melted off my chair! haha….you think I’m kidding.
look at that sea bass! yum!
You can’t wreck Sea Bass either, and you hardly have to do anything to it. I just broiled it with 1 tsp EVOO, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and lemon juice. That’s it! Under the broiler for about 10-15 minutes. MMM!
basil chiffonade..the ultimate accessory :)
With it, I served GF white wine artichoke pasta. I was only cooking for myself tonight (parents at a dinner party). So I sautéed 1/2 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 3 sliced mushrooms, 2 diced small vine tomatoes, a few frozen artichoke hearts, and basil. Towards the end of the cooking time, I stirred in about 1/2 cup white wine and let it evaporate. Mixed it with the cooked pasta and a healthy splash of reserved pasta water and VOILA! Amazing Pasta! My parents tried some and said, “are you serious you just whipped that together?” Good food can be quick and easy!
tulip explosion!
In other news, the tulips were just exploding today. They were so beautiful in the sun, I just had to take a picture. They were practically glowing! The drama of the black, against the yellow, against the magenta created just a breathtaking canvas. I had to share with you:)
What a beautiful bouquet!
Have a great weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!