Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gluten Free Bread Take 2!


So here we are at the end of another day. Its easy sometimes to get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that we lose sight of what’s important, and forget what we have to be thankful for. Today, surrounded by my family in the beautiful outdoors, I was reminded how truly blessed I am to have a family that loves and supports one another. I am thankful for friends who care and love and accept you. Little blessings add up to big grace from above.
Now onto a recipe. Like I said, my mother and I have been trying to find a delicious gluten-free bread recipe. We found one that we thought would be amazing: an olive focaccia.
Let me preface this by saying that this bread was just okay.  It had a wonderful garlicky flavor, but the texture was lacking.  It was a BEAUTIFUL loaf of bread. But, it wasn’t the crusty, airy, chewiness that we were hoping for. That being said, we ate all the way around the outside where it was crusty, but left the center.
beautiful, yes...but...
I think if we would have rolled it out to be thinner, it would have achieved the crunchy crustiness we so desired.
...a little too dense
So here’s the recipe: from The Gluten Free Goddess. Make at your own risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!