Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gluten Free Fried Rice w/ Mango Spring Rolls!


I’m back in Cincinnati after a great trip to the mountains. There’s nothing quite like being with family in the beautiful outdoors. It was a wonderful escape, but now, back to reality! And back to healing! I have to be honest: I deviated from The Maker’s Diet a tiny bit while I was there: eating different types of cheese and dessert. But now back to the straight and narrow!
Here’s a fabulous recipe that my whole family LOVED. Its Chinese Fried Rice with Mango Tofu Spring Rolls!
yummm!
This was so delicious. Hands down tasty. The creamy savoriness of the scrambled egg, with the salty sweet flavor of the tofu, along with the nutty chewiness of the brown rice was divine. Accompanied by the sweet peanutty crunch of the spring rolls; this meal was a flavor explosion in your mouth!
To make the tofu, I marinated the pressed and drained teeny tiny cubes of tofu in my tasty marinade foundhere.
To make the rice, it was pretty simple. Either use day old rice, or cooked rice. I started out by sautéing diced onions, carrots and minced garlic in 2 tsp of EVOO. In a separate skillet, I scrambled 1 farm fresh egg just until the whites were runny. (They will finish cooking when they get added back in with the rice). Set eggs aside in a small bowl. Once the onions and carrots have been sautéed for about 5ish minutes, add in the cooked tofu cubes and the rice. Also stir in 2 T tamari (gluten free soy sauce) mixed with 2 T water and a touch of grated ginger. Finally, stir in the scrambled egg and frozen peas. Yum!
For the spring rolls: you will need:
1 mango, diced
Several radishes, grated
1 cucumber, seeded and grated
1 carrot, grated
Cooked tofu cubes
Chinese rice paper spring roll wrappers
Bowl of warm water
Assembly: the rice paper is like brittle plastic when you buy it. To use: you have to soak one for about 5-10 seconds in warm water till it becomes pliable. Then spread it out on a plate and fill it with the radishes, cucumber, carrots, tofu and mango. Then roll it up like a burrito, and repeat! These yummy treats we’re served alongside this addicting peanut dipping sauce. Let me tell you, I could have eaten the whole bowl! It is that good!
1 T peanut butter
1 t agave
1 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
water to consistency
grated ginger
Mix all together and adjust to taste…add more cider if its too sweet.
This meal was a definite 10! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for something like Spring Rolls and I am so glad that I finally found Mango Spring Rolls...
    Great Recipe Thanks dear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nishu! I'm so glad you found them! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great night!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!