Sunday, December 30, 2012

GF Portobello Burgers w/ Goat Cheese & GF ONION RINGS!!


As this weekend comes to a close, I’m beginning to gear up for next week. Its a big week. We’ve gotta get some healing going on up in here, or I have to switch to more drastic and severe medicines. *eek* I definitely definitely don’t want to do that…I’m the advocate of the natural way! But, alas…*sigh*

Roxy, my sidekick
Its a good thing my new friend is always by my side:) Thanks Roxy.

GF Portobello Mushroom Burger with Goat Cheese!
For dinner tonight, we had a real treat. A bit of a splurge, you could say…even though it was mainly veggies! I made grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers and Baked Onion Rings! Ooooh boy, these were amazing.

yummmm
Lets start with the Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers. Beautifully layered steaky mushroom, creamy mashed avocado, melty goat cheese (Old Kentucky Tomme), a “fried” farm fresh egg, tomato, grilled onion, and a fluffy GF bun! *swoon*
I grilled 3 large portobello mushroom caps (1 p/p). I lightly brushed the tops with 1 tsp EVOO, salt and pepper. I grilled the rib side down first, so that when I flipped it, I could fill it with a bit of shredded goat cheese, so it could melt.
Meanwhile, I mashed 1 avocado with salt, and sliced a tomato for the burger.
After the mushrooms have grilled for about 5-6 minutes per side, I took them off and let them cool for just a second while I fried the eggs–no oil, just a light spritz of olive oil spray.
Here’s how I layered the burger: bun–avocado–mushroom cap with melted cheese–”fried” egg–tomato–grilled onion–organic ketchup/mustard–bun. Lets just say I was wearing half of it by the end of the meal!


The recipe for my crunchy GF Onion Rings is available in my new e-book cookbook, The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy, available HERE ---> The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy  - Only $2.99!



I also want to share my fresh juice I made today!

Carrot–Celery–Apple–Lemon–Ginger…..Fantastic! I meant to put kale in, but sadly, we had none. It instantly wakes up all the taste buds in your mouth–especially the “zingy” ones! Raw, fresh-pressed juices are one of the best things for your body–since its fresh-pressed, the enzymes are alive and find their way into your organs, feeding and healing them!

feeling snazzy in a margarita glass
Fresh juice has changed my life! I literally use my juice once a day! A good juicer is definitely an investment, but here's how I think about it: we invest in a good pair of black pants that we'll wear for a while. Why not invest in our bodies? But organic food and drink juice from your own juicer? Your body will thank you! I did a lot of research and found that Breville makes the best juicer. Here's my juicer:

Until Tomorrrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!