Saturday, December 29, 2012

GF Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!


Yes, you read that right: banana bread with both peanut butter AND (vegan) chocolate chips! If you’re anything like me, you can eat peanut butter for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…precisely why I DON’T keep it in my apartment in NYC. But in Cincinnati, it is a household staple.
So here’s the story: it was snowing; Macy’s was having a “one day sale” and KitchenAid stand mixers were 30% off.  My mom has never had one and always wanted one. So, when my dad was at Macy’s looking for a sport coat, my mom called and asked him to pick one up! He came home with a fabulous tangerine orange stand mixer. You can get your own stand mixer here: 

And on another note: we got my sister-in-law a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas, and oh my gosh, she squealed in excitement!! We gave her the pasta-making attachment too, she LOVED it!
But back to our new Tangerine mixer: We had to try it out….we had browning organic bananas….it was a crime NOT to make this bread.
Fabulous Tangerine Stand Mixer
We found the recipe at another one of my favorite blogs, The Gluten Free Goddess. The only tweak I made to the recipe was to add 1/4 cup of…PEANUT BUTTER! Just because I could:)
And let me tell you…this bread was GOOD. I mean, we had a slice right out of the oven and it was so amazing it should have been illegal.  The texture was so wonderful, it didn’t have your typical “gluten free bread” denseness or crumbliness. It practically melted in your mouth. Half the loaf was devoured on the first day, and the second half was gone by the end of the weekend.
Ooey Gooey Goodness
Enjoy!
And if you're interested in the KitchenAid Pasta Attachment, you can find it here:  It's so cool, you litterally just attach it to the Stand Mixer, and feed your pasta dough through...SO SIMPLE! Even my brother could make it! My brother and his wife hosted their first dinner party at their new house, and they had an Italian-themed dinner. They made two batches of pasta: one that SHE made, and one that HE made! The had a contest to see which people liked best! It was a tie!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!