Saturday, December 29, 2012


Let me just say that this recipe was hands down one of best I’ve made so far. So good that we made it again 2 days later!
Pesto is one of those luxurious sauces that is extremely hard to “veganize” because one of the main ingredients is parmesan cheese, which gives it a creamy and cheesy texture. Well, I experimented and here’s what I found:
1 cup of basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1-2 garlic cloves (I sautéed them for a few minutes to release their flavor.)
1 T EVOO
juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper
water until desired consistency
I whirled those up in my Cuisinart Prep7 food processor and added it to my cooked rice pasta spirals. (You'll need to scrape the sides several times).
I am in love with my food processor. You'll notice that I use it in a lot of my recipes! That's because it transforms veggies. You can manipulate the textures and make things creamy and luxurious! I use the Seven Cup Cuisinart food processor literally every day! You can find it here: Cuisinart Prep 7 White Food Processor - DLC2007 (Google Affiliate Ad)
Vegan Pesto Please
To go with this deliciousness, I roasted some veggies (onions, carrots, and tomatoes) by mixing 2 tsp olive oil with salt, pepper and oregano in the oven at 400 degrees for 35ish minutes stirring half way through. After these came out of the oven, I reserved several grape tomatoes to incorporate into the pasta, as well as a handful of toasted pine nuts. This deliciousness got 2 thumbs up from my parents. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!