Saturday, December 29, 2012

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa!


As I write this, I’m sitting in Utah by a roaring fire with it snowing outside. Believe it or not, in my condition, we managed to take a family ski vacation. Yep, pretty incredible.  After being on bed rest for the past 17 weeks, I went skiing today….go figure. Granted I went out in the morning for only 2 hours and after lunch for an hour and a half. So, definitely not the 7 hour ski days I am used to! But we figured the fresh air would help me heal.
As you can imagine, food is a bit tricky: feeding so many, with one who is gluten free and one who is, well, me. But last night we had a lovely dinner in the condo of fish tacos! We grilled up cod and had it on brown rice tortillas with AMAZING guacamole and fresh homemade salsa from my sister-in-law!
But I still wanted to share a recipe with you. So here is my Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa!
mango salsa is a gift from above!
This beautiful ocean caught fish from Lobsta Bakes was never frozen; fresh from the ocean that morning and flown in. We grilled it on our grill pan with a teaspoon of EVOO, salt, pepper, and lemon zest and juice. On top of it, I made homemade mango salsa.
1 mango diced
1/2 cucumber diced
1 red pepper diced
1/2 red onion diced
1 t EVOO
juice of 1 lime
cilantro, chopped to minced
salt and pepper
mix and chill for 30 minutes to an hour
I served it with quinoa, which is a SUPERFOOD! It is GF, and PACKED with protein! I added the zest of a lime to it and boy, did that pack a flavor punch!
And don't fret if you don't want to grill outside during the winter months! I use a GRILL PAN! Specifically a KitchenAid Nonstick grill pan. It's like a frying pan, but with ridges like a grill! Here's the one I used in this recipe:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! They make my day!